Kids World Through Kids Food – India Special
India. What is the first image that comes to your mind when you hear India? I hope not snake charmers or scientists. Because India has so much more for you and your kids to discover. We speak multiple languages in India, our attire is even more colourful than our festivals. And we have a festival every 15 days, or so it seems. Holi is fast approaching and the entire country will turn into a pool of water, colours and fun. And if there is a festival there has to be food – idli, puchka, biryani, thepla, gujjia, gushtaba and so much more to eat and relish. But the one dish that entire India loves and kids especially love to lap up is Tandoori Chicken.
If you have been following me, you know I have twins who are not very easy to please. One is a fruity(fruit lover) and the other has the taste buds of ants. But the one thing that makes way to their plate and quickly to their stomach is Tandoori Chicken. And I love that because this is the easiest dish to make. So here is my Holi menu – Tandoori Chicken, Thandai and Ulta Halwa. And yes you can have a Holi party in your part of the world with these Home-made Holi Colours.
A perfect Tandoori Chicken is charred crispy on the outside and soft and succulent inside. For Kids just remember to avoid the red chillies or green chillies. And most importantly try and marinade the Chicken for at least 8-10 hours or overnight.
As you know this is part of my festival cooking for Holi, I am going to serve it with home-made Thandai and delicious Indian dessert called Ulta Halwa.
What is your favourite Indian dish or festival cooking menu? We would love to hear from you.
- 5 hottest bollywood Holi looks for you moms - March 5, 2017
- 28/02/2017 - February 28, 2017
- Happy Holi with Home-made Colours and Caramelized Indian Halwa - February 27, 2017
- 10 reasons my kids have been to Singapore three times already - February 26, 2017
- DIY crafts: Make Mouse Puppet With Pet Bottles - April 6, 2016
- Movie Review- Kung Fu Panda 3 is Fun & Kid-friendly - April 1, 2016
- 5 Tasty Ways To Feed Veggies To Your Kids - April 1, 2016
- 7 Easy Ways To Stop Using Plastic For Your Kids - March 26, 2016
- Holi Special-Indian Tandoori Chicken - March 14, 2016
- High Five- Holi Like Festivals That Turn Us Into Kids. - March 10, 2016